FREE SHADE COVER
When you buy any trampolines in the next:
Whether you’re in a hotel room on holidays, have ten minutes spare in the office or don’t have the inclination to head outdoors for a full workout, we’ve got you covered! Today we share our ultimate floor workout which can be completed any time, anywhere—all you need is a small section of floor and you’re good to go.
Begin your workout by dedicating two full minutes to warming up your muscles and stretching out any tight spots. You can decide to jog on the spot, complete some jumping jacks or small squat jumps, followed by some gentle stretching of your legs, arms, back and neck before the workout.
Kick off your floor workout with some bridge-ups, a low impact exercise which works your glutes, thighs and core.
1. Lie flat on the ground with your arms beside you
2. Step both feet in towards you so your knees are bent and the soles of your feet are flat on the ground
3. Raise your pelvis up off the ground so your body is creating a diagonal line from your knees down to your head
4. Hold, then lower your pelvis halfway to the ground
Repeat for 3 x rounds of 10
Although gentle, don’t underestimate side leg raises which will create some deep burn, toning the inside and outside of your thighs. A great addition to any floor workout.
1. Lie straight out on your side, with your opposite arm used as a balancing anchor in front of your chest
2. Pointing your toes, lift your top leg slowly up into the air, concentrating on keeping your torso still and hips straight on (try not to rotate)
3. Lower your leg slowly, tapping your other foot, then lift back into the air
Repeat for 2 x rounds of 10, then switch to the other side.
A great lower body workout which helps to strengthen and tone your glutes and thighs.
1. Position yourself on all fours, your eyes looking at the ground so you don’t strain your neck
2. Lift one leg up behind you, kicking back your foot, then slowly lower into its original position
Alternate between legs until you’ve completed 2 x sets of 10 for each.
Knee push ups are a powerful upper body workout which will work your back, shoulders and arms.
1. Lie flat on your belly, then prop yourself up on your knees and both hands, so your arms are straight and just over shoulder width apart
2. Keeping your torso straight and rigid, lower yourself down until your nose touches the ground, then slowly raise up to your original position
Repeat 3 x rounds of 10.
These reverse crunches are fantastic for some serious core toning—beware, they aren’t for the faint hearted! A fantastic addition to your floor workout.
1. Lay flat on your back, then lift both legs up straight in the air
2. Holding your legs together and using your hands to push you up, lift your legs up even higher into the air (shifting your weight up onto your mid- and upper-back)
3. Gently lower back to your original position, then repeat for 3 x rounds of 10
Have you tested out our ultimate floor workout? Where has it come in handy for you?
Vuly owners on Instagram