For many of us here at Vuly Trampolines
, stopping ourselves from reaching for a delectable treat after a meal can be a struggle, particularly if we’re trying to stick to a healthy and balanced diet! If your sweet tooth often gets the best of you, simply whip up one of our guilt-free sweets that'll satisfy that craving—without undoing your hard work (too much).
We've spoken before about the dangers of diabetes
and how healthy snacks can be a much better alternative
that can stave off those conditions. But when you really need a sugar hit, these recipes are quick, easy and made from real ingredients. In moderation, that makes them fantastic alternatives to overly processed, store-bought desserts.
Vuly Trampolines' guilt-free treats – Chocolate and fruit skewers
This classic is a classic for a reason! It's simple, easy and—if you use dark chocolate—an antioxidant-rich treat.You’ll need:
- An assortment of fresh fruits. We love berries, apple, banana and orange.
- 2 blocks of dark chocolate (70% cocoa or higher).
- Chop up the fruits into small cubes, removing any non-edible skin.
- Slide your fruit cubes onto skewers, and set them aside.
- Half fill a sauce pan with water, and bring it to the boil on the stovetop.
- In a heatproof bowl, break up the dark chocolate. Then, place the bowl onto the top of your saucepan.
- Stir the chocolate, slowly, until completely melted. Ensure that the boiling water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Spoon the dark chocolate mixture over each fruit skewer until it's covered. Refrigerate the skewers until they've set.
Vuly Trampolines' guilt-free treats – Healthy 'ice cream'
You’ll need a powerful blender for this delicious, gluten-and-dairy-free 'ice cream' recipe. You won’t believe how sweet and creamy this healthier alternative is, and it's vegan!You’ll need:
- 3 bananas, skinned, chopped and frozen.
- 1/3 cup of nut milk.
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Coconut flakes or crushed cashews, to serve.
- Place your frozen bananas, nut milk and vanilla extract into a blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the cocoa powder, and blend until it's all combined.
- Spoon into bowls, and sprinkle with coconut flakes before serving.
Tip: If the 'ice cream' is still a bit runny, place the mixture into the freezer before doling it out.
Vuly Trampolines' guilt-free treats – Cinnamon and apple cookies
These cinnamon-infused cookies are a heavenly treat, but with no added sugar, they’re also a healthy one!You’ll need:
- 2 eggs.
- 3/4 cup of pitted dates, chopped.
- 1/2 cup of apples, finely chopped and peeled.
- 1/2 cup of sultanas.
- 1/2 cup of water.
- 1 cup of flour.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- 1 teaspoon of natural sweetener, like Stevia.
- Add the dates, apples, raisins and water to a large saucepan, and bring it to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook for a further three minutes. Then, remove from the saucepan from the heat, and set it aside to cool.
- Combine your flour, baking soda and cinnamon—in the meantime—into a large bowl. Stir in apple mixture
- Combine the eggs and sweetener in a separate bowl. Add them to the apple mixture—stirring until combined.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper, and using a spoon, drop small mounds of cookie mixture onto the baking sheet.
- Bake at 180º C for 10-12 minutes.
Do you make any healthy, sweet treats for your family that taste better than the 'real thing'? We think that recipes like these are much more 'real' than processed snacks from the shop, anyway!