Did you know that trampoline accidents rank among the highest top summer injuries for children?
The higher amount of free time often means that the rate of injuries spikes during the summer. In fact, medical professionals cite injuries sustained from falls as the most common trampoline hazard to children. These falls occur in backyards, playgrounds, and parks all across the nation.
Sadly, many of these injuries stem from poorly supervised children
who are using trampolines. Children are often unaware that their summer fun can result in risky behaviours and may feel pressured by other children to attempt stunts that they would not perform under supervision. As a result, many unsupervised children suffer broken arms, broken legs, bumps, bruises, sprains, and strains.
The good news is that trampolines
are incredibly safe tools for fun and fitness if used properly and under adult supervision. Here are some of our top tips to keep your family safe this summer:
- Always supervise children who are using the trampoline.
- Install a safety net to prevent falls.
- If you are concerned that your trampoline is being used while you are not there to supervise, place a small lock on the safety net. This will prevent any unauthorised users from accessing and using the trampoline.
- Never allow more than one child on the trampoline at a time.
- Never allow children to play underneath or around the trampoline.