What does stretching and your children’s 360 swing set have in common? Don’t worry, it’s not a trick question! Your kids’ 360 swing set can actually become a brilliant stretching station to help you lengthen out those muscles at the end of a workout. The sturdy metal frame can assist with a wide range of flexy, stretchy movements—just let us show you how.
How to use your children’s 360 swing set for stretching—Raised leg stretch
An ideal stretch for releasing tension in tight hamstrings and calves, you’ll feel instant results performing this simple, one-legged stretch using the horizontal connectors bars on your children’s 360 swing set frame.
- Stand at one end of the swing set, facing inwards
- Lift one foot up onto the horizontal frame bar that connects the two posts, with your leg as straight as possible
- Hold the position, and as you feel your muscles loosen, gently lean forward into the stretch for a deeper effect
- Repeat on the other leg
How to use your children’s 360 swing set for stretching—Chest opener stretch
If you’ve been engaging in some tough upper body strengthening, then this chest opener stretch using the supporting posts of your children’s 360 swing set is for you. Ideal for practising after push ups, pull ups or shoulder flys.
- Stand at one end of the swing set, and hold your forearm up against one of the posts so it’s at a right angle to your body
- With your palm against the post, gently apply pressure and slightly turn your chest out away from your arm so you’re feeling a stretch through your bicep and chest muscles
- Repeat on the other side
How to use your children’s 360 swing set for stretching—Steadying one-legged stretch
Stretching out your quads can be tricky if your balance isn’t great, however your children’s 360 swing set frame is the perfect steadying tool to assist you.
- Stand beside one of the swing set poles, and grip with one hand for balance
- Raise one foot behind you, grabbing with your hand and pulling in towards yourself so the front of your leg is being stretched
- Hold for approximately 30 seconds before repeating on the other side
How to use your children’s 360 swing set for stretching—Abdomen stretch
Those crunches and core exercises can really build up a burn, so releasing any tightness is easy with this effective abdomen stretch using your children’s 360 swing set pole.
- Stand at the end of the 360 swing set beside one of the poles, facing outwards
- Lift your hands up behind you and grab ahold of the pole, just above your head
- Curve your body outward whilst keeping a tight grip on the pole, so your abdomen is sticking out
- Hold while deep breathing until you feel any tightness release
Let us know if you’ve trialled any other stretches on your children’s 360 swing set.